The hosts of AIE 2023 – the Insurance Institute of South Africa and the South African Insurance Association – have confirmed the topics for this year’s conference. The line-up covers both the life and non-life industries, as well as healthcare, ESG, and diversity, equality and inclusion, which means there’s something of interest to everyone in the industry.
Here’s the full list of topics:
- Keynote address: How insurance companies can partner with the government and NGOs in response to climate change effects
- The state of readiness of the reinsurance market for a sustainable future
- Long term digital transformation … is the transformation going to be permanent?
- Prevalence of mental health matters
- How do we collaborate as an industry to rework the offering and adjust to the new age while creating growth?
- How do we operationalise diversity, equity and inclusion in our daily practices beyond compliance
- What opportunities are presented by the evolving risk landscape?
- Collaboration with Government to create sustainable risk management programmes
- Spending more time at home has impacted insurable risks, social skills, and created a class of employees with no benefits
- Virtual Reality to Emergency Rooms : Virtual Reality is injuring users
- How can insurance companies reimagine data to achieve market intelligence and increase productivity?
- We are living longer and are in retirement for longer, but our money is losing its value – a conundrum.
- Time for a new innovative approach to retirement funding
- The impact of grey listing on the life insurance industry
- Can the availability or non-availability of certain insurance covers can hinder or advance economic recovery?
- Are you exposed to kidnapping?
AIE 2023, themed “Collaborate. Cultivate. Create.”, takes place at Sun City from 24 to 26 July 2023, with a live-stream option for those who can’t make it to the event in person.
Now that the topics for the two-day event have been finalised, we have started sharing details of the subject matter experts who will be part of the panel discussions,” says IISA CEO Thokozile Mahlangu. “Keep an eye on our social media feeds for more information.”
AIE 2023 is set to attract more than 1 000 insurance industry professionals from South Africa and abroad, making it the ideal opportunity to learn and network, either online or in the beautiful surrounds of Sun City.
To make matters more exciting, this year the conference is scheduled for two full days of business sessions.
The costs to attend or live-stream are:
|IISA corporate partner||R 9 800||R 4 700|
|IISA individual member||R 8 800||R 3 700|
|Non-member||R11 100||R 6 600|
Payment is due 14 days after registration. Prices exclude VAT, accommodation, transport and recreational activities. Non-members who book and attend will receive a complimentary one-year IISA membership.
“Although we have unlimited online spots, space is at a premium at Sun City,” says Mahlangu. “Book your spot today to avoid disappointment!”